2019 Hoops Recruits

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: 2019 Hoops Recruits

Postby jhart » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:29 pm

Well stated Pat as I was thinking exactly what you wrote!
Madison is not a coach BTW.
jhart
Purple Eagle

Postby Eagle » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:03 am

GP probably has to wait until the end of the season to hire assistant coaches.

Yes, that is probably the conventional wisdom and makes sense.

Anyone he would want is probably under contract elsewhere. We have to have patience here. GP is down at least one assistant, perhaps two......

Probably right, but why tie his hands and limit opportunities to hire immediately if he finds the right guy? I just think he should have the "green light" to hire who he wants, when he wants. Most likely it will be at the end of the season as you suggest....

Who's available to recruit if everyone is busy coaching??

That's the point, Paulis needs to be able to pull the hiring trigger when needed, and perhaps he can given one coach down at this time. If the scuttlebutt is true, the summer practices and recruiting, would have been extremely chaotic with three basketball staff members not allowed on campus. Two young assistants running the show and in a vacuum? Given the scenario they've done a great job.

This team is young and has never played together. PATIENCE!! They will get better and we have a great coach....Patience!! Patience!!

Makes all the sense in the world...the locker room victory celebration was very telling, a very proud moment in NU sports!

“From the ashes, a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring…” — J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eagle
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:22 am

Makes all the sense in the world...the locker room victory celebration was very telling, a very proud moment in NU sports!

AGREE...
le
Purple Eagle

Postby ppittin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:20 pm

I was in the student center (circa 1966 ?) when we beat the Dayton Flyers and Donny May--who were ranked #1 or 2 in the country. I was listening in on the game (from a barracks in Texas) when NU beat #6 ranked Tennessee ((1970). After all the adversity this team and coach had to overcome...FOR ME ...this win ranks right up there in the top 3 or 4 wins for the program. I saw the video and loved the response. They will bond through adversity and two or three years from now the players will look back and appreciate their struggles when they make it to the NCAA tournament.
ppittin
Duck

Postby Eagle » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:01 pm

I was in the student center (circa 1966 ?) when we beat the Dayton Flyers and Donny May--who were ranked #1 or 2 in the country. I was listening in on the game (from a barracks in Texas) when NU beat #6 ranked Tennessee ((1970). After all the adversity this team and coach had to overcome...FOR ME ...this win ranks right up there in the top 3 or 4 wins for the program. I saw the video and loved the response. They will bond through adversity and two or three years from now the players will look back and appreciate their struggles when they make it to the NCAA tournament.

The video was very special...methinks this team, and coach, have been carrying a lot of weight on their shoulders and in their hearts, and have been through quite a bit. They'll be fine and we have a very good coach in Coach Paulus, and this team will be special!
Eagle
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:45 pm

Good memories with big wins over Dayton and UT. I was only a HS freshman in 1971, but I do recall the level of respect NU commanded in New England and the NYC metro market.
le
Purple Eagle

Previous

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS