NU recruit

Discuss Niagara Sports
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

NU recruit

Post by MICKEY »

From the Marist Board--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tampa Prep basketball standout Jay Bowie, a senior guard/forward, has strong interest from Division I programs Marist, Niagara and North Florida, and Terrapins coach Joe Fenlon predicts scholarship offers from each could be on the way. Coaches from Marist and Niagara will be in Tampa this week. The 6-foot-5 Bowie averages 16 points a game, has more than 1,000 career points, carries a 3.8 GPA and scored 1,300 on his SAT:
eagle80
Purple Eagle

Re: NU recruit

Post by eagle80 »

Seems like a smart kid, would be a great signing for JAM.
pipes
Purple Eagle

Post by pipes »

An update from Wednesday's paper.. http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruiting ... d-i-offer/

Tampa Prep's Jay Bowie, a senior standout for the Terrapins basketball team, has picked up an offer from Division I Marist, according to his coach, Joe Fenlon.

The 6-foot-5 small forward, who averages 17 points and 10 boards a game, also is being recruited by Niagra and North Florida. Those schools have not yet offered, but each visited Tampa Prep to scout Bowie in person last week.

Bowie has more than 1,000 career points, carries a 3.8 GPA and scored 1,300 on his SAT.
eagle80
Purple Eagle

Post by eagle80 »

Coach Fenlon's son Conner is a walk on at Siena. So, I'm sure the coach is quite familiar with the MAAC. This may come together.