Home opener: Bryant at NU

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: Home opener: Bryant at NU. ESPN Plus

Postby jhart » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:57 pm

Each team shooting was below par.
NU actually took four more shots while the game difference was BU rebounds 52-35.
Move on.
jhart
Purple Eagle

Postby phillyeagle » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:02 pm

Loses 73-62 Too big of a deficit to overcome.
My observations: I saw nothing encouraging about Kratholm tonite. K is the only rebounder for NU and he must stay out of foul trouble. Waterman again will be player for NU, but I do not think he ever played any defense in HS. He is lost on any switches and never seems to use his height to an advantage. Towns is the offense, but he can go out of control. Soloman again plays hard but he needs to grow 2-3 inches for NU>.( What are the chances of that?) They did play much better in the second half but that was aided by Bryant cooling off. Oh well.
phillyeagle
Purple Eagle

Postby Suge » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:21 pm

Tale of two halves. Didn't see much that others have not already spoke on. Team is still learning the offense. Had guys out of position at times but it is a tough offense to learn. Townes led the second half comeback but gets ball dominant at times which kills ball movement. Cicotti didn't get any minutes. Didn't take off his wanrmup which I found weird because Levniac got minutes at the 4 spot. Think we might be pretty good by the time the MAAC tourney rolls around but time will tell.
Suge
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:26 pm

I really thought Ciotti was going to be an impact player based on his Juco accolades . We need another body to take the heat off of Greg K and Solomon. Watermen has a ton of upside, but is extremely raw. Maybe at some point he will contribute in the defensive end and boards . At this point , K. Green would have helped. Kratholm has flashed at times , but seems to get into foul trouble and gets pushed around in the paint .
le
Purple Eagle

Postby msm29 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:32 am

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/ ... 0b88b.html

Waterman was very passive today. Didn't get a ton of touches. Offense was disjointed. NU's averaging just 4.5 3-point makes a game.

Lots to fix, but time to do it with nine days before next game.
msm29
Eagle

Postby efkay2u » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:49 am

Is there any update or news on the injured Bryant Player? DIdn't see what happened as he was trialing the play, He was just down face first on the floor and he didn't move for more than a few minutes . When they finally guided him off the floor he looked totally out of it. Did Todd Callen say anything about it on the broadcast?
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby msm29 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 am

efkay2u wrote:Is there any update or news on the injured Bryant Player? DIdn't see what happened as he was trialing the play, He was just down face first on the floor and he didn't move for more than a few minutes . When they finally guided him off the floor he looked totally out of it. Did Todd Callen say anything about it on the broadcast?

Didn't get update. He was trailing Towns at full speed and got caught by a Kuakumensah screen. Looked like the back of his head may have hit Kuak's elbow/forearm. He was not in a good place when taken off, was heavily relying on trainers to keep him upright.
msm29
Eagle

Postby le » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:50 am

Thanks for the reports guys...1250 in the stands last night...I really don’t think our obvious issues regarding rebounding would be any different if PB was at the helm. This was his roster. I’m playing arm chair QB here , but maybe he should have picked up a 5th year big man to battle in the middle . This ain’t D2 .
le
Purple Eagle

Postby pipes » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:15 am

msm29 wrote:
efkay2u wrote:Is there any update or news on the injured Bryant Player? DIdn't see what happened as he was trialing the play, He was just down face first on the floor and he didn't move for more than a few minutes . When they finally guided him off the floor he looked totally out of it. Did Todd Callen say anything about it on the broadcast?

Didn't get update. He was trailing Towns at full speed and got caught by a Kuakumensah screen. Looked like the back of his head may have hit Kuak's elbow/forearm. He was not in a good place when taken off, was heavily relying on trainers to keep him upright.

He came back out and shook hands at the end of the game.
pipes
Purple Eagle

Re: Home opener: Bryant at NU

Postby le » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:08 pm

Tough schedule. We have only one home game remaining (CGate) until MAAC play begins in January.
le
Purple Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS