Postby jhart » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:13 pm

DONE!
Billings empty netter gets sweep!
3-1
jhart
Purple Eagle

Re: MHurst@ NU : Game 2 / LCTV?

Postby le » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:26 pm

Big win...Billings rings the bell again. NU Hockey is alive again .. .

Efkay:

How was the turnout tonight at Dwyer ?

Willy again in goal ?
le
Purple Eagle

Postby jhart » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:32 pm

Yes, Wilson was in goal!
No computers in TN?
MH had 17 minutes of penalties in 3rd.
We need work on PP, FO'S.
jhart
Purple Eagle

Postby efkay2u » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:59 pm

Attendance was generously given as 500. Maybe 6 students in the student section. Seeing the crowd on the video board was embarrassing. AS I said 500 is generous, maybe actually 300 . We have a refreshed arena, tonight they had a combo playing music instead of the crap music usually blasted over the P.A. I was pondering if it will ever get to the point where it will be more profitable to rent the arena out on Friday or Saturday night then host a Niagara hockey game.

AS for the game, yes the Purps looked like they were about to crash in the 3rd when Truscott broke the wall and scored the 2nd goal. Wilson made some spectacular game saving stops in the 3rd. A well needed win,now lets keep it going minute by minute and keep the streak alive next weekend as we host Air Force.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby efkay2u » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:09 am

Incidentally tonight at the LECOM Harborcenter RPI edged Canisius 3-2 before 1107. That's bad when Canisius doubles Niagara's attendance.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby Eagle » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:16 am

Winning certainly helps generate interest but much more could and should be done by Athletics, IMO, to generate interest, including the incorporation of the Sports Management majors. Could there be a better place or situation to make a difference? Attendance also mimics student body demographics and the need to broaden the geographics of the student body with more students living on campus.

Good and needed win!

Air Force (4-7-1) at NU (3-8-1) next weekend!

Eagle
Purple Eagle

Re: MHurst@ NU : Lammer's Presser/ Efkay report

Postby le » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:29 am

Lammer's presser along with highlights are up on pe.com (link below). Efkay, thanks for the game report. Lammers mentioned the PK has improved , but PP still needs some work. He said "Willy" played big for NU which makes a difference obviously. Truscott is a hard working kid, good to see him get untracked along with soph Cox.

Winning does matter re attendance, but one would think with a revamped arena there would be greater student support at games. We have to keep on winning. Decent crowd downtown for the RPI/CC game.

I got in late from Nashville and was kinda of glued to the Vols/Missouri game. I really don't like following games on stats and I'm not happy with the FLOTV contract with the AHA. NU has the ESPN tech in place , put the damn games on ESPN3. I wonder if LCTV will carry home games or just FLO?

PRESSER:

https://purpleeagles.com/news/2019/11/2 ... hurst.aspx
le
Purple Eagle

Previous

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS