MORE KEY BANK GAMES : Coach Mac says play all day!

Discuss Niagara Sports

MORE KEY BANK GAMES : Coach Mac says play all day!

Postby efkay2u » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:36 am

Maybe the Pegulas can pull a miracle. Or is it just further beating a dead horse ? https://buffalonews.com/2019/11/25/cani ... ames-2019/
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Re: BUFF NEWS CC AND BONA WANT MORE KEY BANK GAMES

Postby le » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:48 am

Makes perfect sense to increase market share and to enhance recruiting. Let’s see if NU follows their lead. Have to spend money to make money .
le
Purple Eagle

Postby MICKEY » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:08 am

When one considers the potential dollars to be made by venues and concessionaires from successful college basketball programs I find it interesting they don’t invest (aka, contributions) in programs. Their venues have plenty of non revenue nights that could be productive if they hosted successful programs with a fan following. They also have the infratructure to market the programs and share in ancillary benefits, ie TV, etc. Think about the kind of investment it would take to buy an NBA franchise to fill 40 nights ($1 billion++ for a small market like Buffalo, if expansion ever took place) vs the cost of investing in helping build college programs which could fill twenty nights. Just another crazy idea early in the morning!
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:53 pm

Makes sense Mick. Why not try to reignite the fire downtown taking small steps. The smallness and outdated nature of both the NU and CC facilities have to be a recruiting negative .
le
Purple Eagle

Postby Pistal1 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:55 am

We need NU to step up and I think we have a great young coach that can do this over time. If not now then never. If GP can not do this then we are done. I pray he will , if not we are done go D3. Best Coach on Campus is Rob McCoy baseball. GP is very good and best as well.
Pistal1
Hawk

Postby le » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:37 am

MacDonald is spot on. The four AD's should really try and make this work. They will need outside sponsors to underwrite the arena costs which would require a separate marketing group to be involved. How about three D1 games!

Basketball is in the city’s fabric, for a lot of people,” MacDonald said. “I even said I think they should try and expand it. Make it a quadruple-header. Play a Division III game, a Division II game and two Division I games. Try to make it a full day of basketball, just like they do for the NCAA tournament.”
le
Purple Eagle

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS