NU-Air Force : Game 2

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: NU-Air Force : Game 2

Postby NewEnglander » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:43 pm

Official record shows as a tie. In conference you get 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie and an additional point for a 2OT or Shootout win. So even though conference records are equal AFA is 1 point ahead of NU in the standings as they both had an earlier 2OT win as well.
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Postby NewEnglander » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:46 pm

jhart wrote:I see AFA 2-1 score w no play details.

The play details don't exist as the goal is not official. It is only for use in determining league standings so players don't get credit for those stats and goalies don't get deducted for giving up a goal either.
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:20 pm

1-0-1 for the weekend is fine. We need to keep the positive momentum moving forward.

Next up, AIC in Springfield, MA.

Does anybody know if LCTV will be carrying a full slate of games this season ? The ROT game was televised.
le
Purple Eagle

Postby efkay2u » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:07 am

SOG AF 35 NU 17
Attendance 200. That's right 200. I could almost name them, save for the Air Force Fans.

Niagara totally outplayed, out muscled . Wilson really shined tonight. The 2nd AF goal scored by Zack Miragaes, clanked the shot off the crossbar.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:21 am

Efkay- Thanks for the game report. Coming off the W Friday night it's hard to believe only 200 showed up for game 2. It's mind boggling. Anyways, NU did pick up 4 out of the possible 6 points for the weekend against AF.

The Gazette did have a story on Saturday morning with Coach L glowing over the play of Willie.

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/ ... b3d73.html

W
ilson made 29 saves on 32 Air Force shots, and was again solid in goal for the Purple Eagles.

“I thought we gave up some chances that were ‘hold your breath’ type chances and he bailed us out on a lot of those,” Lammers said. “It’s a credit to him. He's been working so hard on his craft and what he does with the puck after it hits him. I didn't think he gave up a lot of second chances to them. He did a real good job with his velcro and the puck stuck to him.”
le
Purple Eagle

Previous

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS