NU HOCKEY AT PENN : Efkay live from State College

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: NU HOCKEY AT PENN STATE PART 2

Postby jhart » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:32 pm

2-0 score doesn't capture the heroics of our goalie with the surge of SOG's in the final period.
jhart
Purple Eagle

Postby efkay2u » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:59 pm

jhart wrote:2-0 score doesn't capture the heroics of our goalie with the surge of SOG's in the final period.
I couldn't agree more with you. We are blessed with two game saving goalies as well as a great defense. Offense is killing us.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby NewEnglander » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:08 pm

Second Penn State goal was scored on a 2 man advantage PP. They kept both games close which should help in confidence for the AHC games ahead. They can compete for a league title if they can carry that over.
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:36 pm

Hot goalies can win a ton of games in college hockey. See Greg Gardner . NU is going to have to discover some offense in light of Stenlunds injury . Thanks for the updates efkay. Tough day for u guys with the Bills going down late.
le
Purple Eagle

Postby efkay2u » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:59 am

If you have a chance to see a game at the Pegula, (and you can get a ticket) do it. It is a wonderful uber first class facility . Great sight lines, seats are pitched at a great angle to see the action. Sold out crowd tonight for a 6 pm game when the students, the band and the CHEERLEADERS (now there's a novel idea, Cheerleaders at a College Hockey game) are on break. Crowd is loud and proud, people participate in the "we are Penn State " cheers .

State College Pa. is actually a great college city with a vibrant downtown, a lot of shopping in the outering of the city. However last night when I patrkled, I swear (aand one of the NU parents agreed) the parking lot we were in was bigger than the whole campus at Niagara. Imagine parking by Clet Hall and walking to the Dwyer. I am sure there are high rose forms that house more students than the number enrolled at Niagara and while Penn State is a beautiful Campus it is friggin' big.

I am glad I got my education at a smaller more personal University like Niagara, if only we could bring back the support form the students and the vibrant atmosphere of a Penn State. Hell if we could get more than 20 students at the Dwyer ( or Gally) and they knew how to cheer like college students should I would be happier.

By the way, not only did the Bills lose, UB lost by one to Northern Illinois . This weekend Canisius tied ROT 1-1 last night and beat ROT tonight 5-3 .
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Re: NU HOCKEY AT PENN : Efkay live from State College

Postby le » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:44 am

Efkay: Seems like a David vs Goliath scenario. How can NU ever compete with the likes of Penn State U and others. Just far to many resources and facilities at these mega state sponsored schools.
le
Purple Eagle

Previous

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS