Jaspers @ NU : Gazette

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: Jaspers @ NU : Gazette

Postby le » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:49 pm

Watching the first half now on the Plus. Manhattan’s pressure D and size was the too much for NU.
Yeah, I don’t think NU would have been in the hunt for this Rochester kid. He had offers from SBU , UB and Siena .Impressive signing by GP.
Gazette:
“Hill is listed between 6-foot-1 and 6-4 and is averaging 30.7 points per game for the Cadets, including a 49-point outburst in December. He had offers from UB, St. Bonaventure and Siena, and more recently, Cleveland State and Bryant. He also held a Division I football scholarship offer from New Hampshire.”
le
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:07 pm

I noticed on the ESPN Plus feed that Jeff Ruland was again in the stands . He must be a MAAC employee.
le
Purple Eagle

Re: Jaspers @ NU : ESPN+

Postby msm29 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:22 pm

NewEnglander wrote:Wow Mike, that commitment is not one Niagara would have got in the past. Beat out several higher level conferences and D1 FCS Football caliber too. He should be solid physically.

Recruiting isn't as simple as offers. Offers close or are withdrawn, but that's never reported. So, it's unlikely he could have actually gone to UB (offered in '17). It's likely that Bona ('Dec. 18) or Siena (April '19) offers were no longer open as well, as both have filled their open scholarships for next season.

It's probably not fair to say he chose Niagara over those schools, but it's certainly fair to say Paulus landed someone those schools were interested in.
msm29
Eagle

Postby 50YrFan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:09 am

Well I must say I enjoyed being at both games this weekend. I am excited about our new coaching style for sure. I felt the crowd was good considering the students are away. Obviously the Eagles shot lights out Friday, and were just plain cold Sunday. I don't feel the Jaspers D won the game for them, actually I felt if NU just made 3 or four more of the many open shots they had, it was their game.
50YrFan
Purple Eagle

Postby NUEagle » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 am

le wrote:I noticed on the ESPN Plus feed that Jeff Ruland was again in the stands . He must be a MAAC employee.

Ruland is a talent scout for the Washington Wizards. Wonder if he was looking at Greene?
NUEagle
Eagle

Postby le » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:01 am

Mike: Greene or Paulicap ? He was probably scouting Pickett at the Siena home opener when u bumped into him I don't know 50 year, the Jasper's were putting a ton of pressure on the ball forcing NU to take some contested and low percentage shots.
le
Purple Eagle

Postby 50YrFan » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:32 pm

Le, no doubt Manhattan played a strong pressure defense. NU had very little problem inbounding and getting the ball up court. They were forced to take shots that no one likes. Watching the game I can firmly say that our kids had enough open shots to change the course of the game, but maybe they used up all their good shots on Friday .
50YrFan
Purple Eagle

Previous

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS