NU Hockey collapses in the 3rd period on home ice

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: Holy Cross @ NU/ LCTV (Saturday only) / Gazette

Postby efkay2u » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:29 pm

Empty netter at. 16:48.EPPIC COLLAPSE!!!!!!!!
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 pm

This Epic collapse at home will further diminish attendance at Dwyer . We were not playing BU ,BC or Umass tonight on home ice . This is year 3 of Lammers tenure on Mount Eagle Ridge . Last year was so promising with essentially the same team returning with few graduations . Thus far , this year has been very disappointing in terms of wins and losses . We are far from the BM years of 30 and 20 win seasons, which we so badly need to generate some buzz in WNy. We still have time , but this team is struggling in the freakin AHA. I dunno.
le
Purple Eagle

Postby efkay2u » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:08 am

Home after a rainy drive from the Falls. 5 straight goals in the 3rd. Wilson looked absolutely vulnerable in the 3rd. The goals were soft or result of sloppy play by NU nd turnovers resulting in breakaways. Attendance was shown as 300 (nice even number ) The tumbling attendance is concerning me. The team is concerning me. THey were playing great hockey in the first and most of the second. HC came out with flames coming from their posteriors and quickly dominated and overpowered a very suddenly punchless Niagara team. They showed a little spark thanks to the play of Cooley, Sokay, Harpur and Billings.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:24 am

Efkay. Thanks for the updates and analysis. I don’t understand how we can come out stone flat in the 3rd period allowing five goals. Pitiful. It’s year three . Time for positive results !
le
Purple Eagle

Re: NU Hockey collapses in the 3rd period on home ice

Postby NewEnglander » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:31 pm

No inside information but a total collapse in the third can be due to physical fatigue if a number of players are battling illnesses. Sometimes sickness spreads like wildfire in locker rooms. I'm sure if that is the case the staff would remain quiet about it not using it as an excuse.
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Previous

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS