Sacred Heart breaks in USCHO TOP 20 POLL

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: Sacred Heart to Hockey East? / New all-sport league for

Postby efkay2u » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:37 pm

Wow, that would be a bombshell for Northeast College Sports, especially in the mid majors. Just a few quick considerations ; Football, what would happen to Umass and Uconn Football as both programs are wallowing in Division 1A Independent obscurity. With the exception of Boston College the rest of the football schools are 1AA. It will also affect Basketball as UMass and Rhode ISland are in the upper mid major ATlantic 10.

Just think it seems like maybe 20 years ago or so Niagara was imagining itself in Hockey East or several other conferences. ALso what would have happened to Niagara way back when if they had stayed in the North Atlantic Conference (now American East) . How would that have affected the new Niagara Hockey program if we would have stayed in the A East? Of course when we joined the MAAC , the MAAC was a far step above the NAC, now the A East is at least on an equal footing with the MAAC if not a step better.

ANyways the world of College Mid Major sports in the Northeast is always in a state of flux and every now and then a tremblor hits the faultline and shakes things up. Thats why we love it !
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Re: Sacred Heart to build 4,000 seat hockey arena by 2022

Postby NU_15 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:36 pm

efkay2u wrote:I still wonder how RoMo can afford a new arena that costs more than it's entire endowment. Any answers?

And, investing that much in a new arena, not go all the way and bring two hockey programs which had a pretty successful decade back to campus.
NU_15
Pigeon

Re: Sacred Heart to Hockey East? / New all-sport league for

Postby le » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:46 am

Sacred Heart (18-8-2) breaks into the USCHO TOP 20 POLL.

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/
le
Purple Eagle

Re: Sacred Heart breaks in USCHO TOP 20 POLL

Postby efkay2u » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:24 pm

While reading the ATlantic Hockey page on USCHO, I notices a reference to the Air Force suspending some players. I am amazed that there are players careless enough to get suspended from a team at a service academy. Those players futures certainly do not too promising to say the least and to be polite.

Niagara hosts Mercyhurst Friday and then goes to Erie Saturday night. Exasperation is setting in regarding the hockey team.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Re: Sacred Heart breaks in USCHO TOP 20 POLL

Postby le » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:30 pm

This is MUST sweep for the Purps against AHA bottom dwellers MHurst (5-20-1). A split or a tie game would lead to more "exasperation" .
le
Purple Eagle

Previous

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS