Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: Mercyhurst @ Niagara Hockey - GAME 2

Postby efkay2u » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:33 pm

TooMuch going on
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby efkay2u » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:36 pm

NU Wins 4to 2. Crazy last 2 minutes. SOG NU 30 MU 33. SOKAY 1ST STAR VELTRI 3RD STAR
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby jhart » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Like the final 4-2 and sweep but not with the stats and the majors.
I'll address with coach Monday.
jhart
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:09 pm

Great job by NU getting two must wins this weekend putting us within striking distance of the middle of the pack in the AHA, which would avoid two road games in the PIG ROUND. WOW, Sokay and Veltri are on fire !
le
Purple Eagle

Re: NU SWEEPS MERCYHURST !!!

Postby efkay2u » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:24 am

A Quick follow up from ,last night since I could not get wifi in my hotel yesterday, it's up now. This team gave 110% last night , especially in the 3rd period when they played shorthanded for a majority of the time. Lot of blocked shots, despite the 2 goals given up, Niagara killed off many penalties when two men down. WHen was the last time you saw a team get two concurrent minor penalties, let alone twice in the same period? Add on top of that two majors with disqualifications. Those disqualifications could and probably will have a huge affect as we fase the Sacred Heart Goons next week.

Veltri made some gut wrenching saves under a ron of duress as to their credit the Lakers really poured it on in the third. A extreme;y entertaining weekend for Niagara, credit to the Lakers for playing like a top team in some periods, I have to check the exact stats however before the game we had a little alumni gathering with about 24 or so and Coach stopped by and gave a little talk. He mentioned our Goals against is down by a full point this year , so it's or defense and goaltending tha have improved. Offense is slowly coming back I was told a couple of the seniors are pressing too hard, which is understandable.

I'll try and get some pictures up when I get home, gotta get some real breakfast (Hotel breakfast buffets do not work for me) and then head home along Rte 5 and get home before the cats run amuk in the house.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Re: NU SWEEPS MERCYHURST /efkay game report

Postby le » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Thanks efkay . Seems like the coach is spot on with the team's inconsistent play this year.

He mentioned our Goals against is down by a full point this year , so it's or defense and goaltending tha have improved. Offense is slowly coming back I was told a couple of the seniors are pressing too hard, which is understandable.
le
Purple Eagle

Re: NU SWEEPS MERCYHURST /efkay game report

Postby NewEnglander » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:41 pm

I believe Cox is disqualified for the Friday game but Mills will be eligible to play as his was a Game Misconduct not a Game DQ.
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Previous

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS