Rider 73 - NU 58 / Philly's game report/ Nwandu?

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: NU @ RIDER : ESPN3 FREE

Postby Bilbo81 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:55 pm

I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical the first couple of games and yes todays damage was done in deep garbage time, but Nick M. Can flat out shoot!
Bilbo81
Pigeon

Postby NUEagle » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:05 pm

When was the last time Niagara had a pure shooter as good as Nick MacDonald? Man, what range he has, and he's only a freshman!
NUEagle
Eagle

Postby phillyeagle » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:32 pm

Back from the game. . Sorry to report that the first five minutes capsulized the game. NU taking 3 point shots and not hitting. Rider overwhelming NU inside with rebounds and easy putbacks inside. It was men vs. boys. I did not see the stats but bet they lost the rebound battle by at least 15. NU may play hard but they need all the stars in enlightenment for a W. Krathholm sat at the end of the bench. Not sure what was wrong but he seemed to be favoring the right leg. I was not overly excited about McDonald’ shooting since it came mostly in garbage time and his release is not that fast. Our coach likes to rotate many players but some have no offense. Levniak plays hard but watching him try to cover a 6’8” beast is laughable. At times our tallest player was 6’4”.All alums there were positive about a Paulus as a NU coach but he has one hell of a rebuild ahead of him. We need height and bulk big time. Recruiting skills will be tested.
phillyeagle
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:54 pm

As many have said, the margin for error on this team is razor thin. If our shooters go cold (Hammonds, Solo and Towns ), with little if any inside presence, this team will struggle. I did not watch the game , but it appears this team reached it's ceiling a few games back.
le
Purple Eagle

Re: Rider 73 - NU 58 / Philly Eagle game report

Postby le » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:52 pm

Philly. Thanks for the game report . According to the broadcast , we lost the points in the paint battle by a 40-8 margin. I agree, the stars have to be aligned perfectly for NU to win in the “meat “ of the league play due to lack of size and bulk. .. Kraut is out with an undisclosed lower body injury. .. We do get a 6’5 transfer from Lemoyne next year , but we need at least two more quality big men pronto. We r wearing down in league play .
le
Purple Eagle

Re: Rider 73 - NU 58 / Philly Eagle game report / Nwnadu ?

Postby le » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:37 am

Will Lemoyne transfer Nwandu help next season ? He is 6'6, but seems like a small forward type (3).

Nwandu averaged a team-high 16.6 points per game while also averaging 3.8 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 1.0 steals per game. Nwandu shot over 47 percent from the field and 85 percent from the free-throw line. He was selected to the All-NE10 Second Team.

https://purpleeagles.com/sports/mens-ba ... wandu/6667
le
Purple Eagle

Previous

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS