NCAA BB TOURNEY--NO FANS

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: NCAA BB TOURNEY--NO FANS

Postby efkay2u » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:43 am

le wrote:I'm just kinda of wondering if the IRS will cease collection efforts and filing deadlines since many of us due to age and other vulnerabilities will be unable to leave or homes to meet in a "public setting" with tax professionals, family members, and friends. Seems reasonable.

Speaking as a former IRS employee, I am sure that there will be major adjustments to the upcoming deadlines both for Individual and quarterly (941) returns. taxpayers who were affected by Natural Disasters, Hurricanes, etc were often given extended deadlines, Bear in mind too that many of my former employees may be affected by the virus too.

On another note Nebraska's BB coach was taken ill during their Big 10 Tourney game against Indiana and had to leave the game. After the game concluded the entire Nebraska team was quarantined, which may make one wonder what will happen of teams that played the huskers within the last two weeks or so come down with the virus. Would that mean all Bog 10 teams would have to sit out of the NCAA Tourney? Stay tuned as this has just begun.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:46 am

Efkay. My comments were partially on the serious side. Honestly, one would think the Feds would extend the filing date due to all the disruptions . Just common sense. Not sports related but this impacts everybody’s life with the stock market decline , travel bans, business slowdowns etc.

Any word on hockey tourney and frozen 4 ?
le
Purple Eagle

Postby MICKEY » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:01 am

Press reports this morning said Fred Hoiberg, coach of Nebraska, just has the boring flu. He has had heart related surgery in the past and his departure from the game was precautionary.
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:43 am

US Treasury suspends tax payments on 4/15 !

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/ar ... d-outbreak

D1 Hockey is moving in the same direction to ban fans from attending tourney games.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/ ... lowing.php
le
Purple Eagle

Previous

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS