NCAA NEW RULES POST EARLY SEASON CLOSE

Discuss Niagara Sports

NCAA NEW RULES POST EARLY SEASON CLOSE

Postby jhart » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:20 pm

Coach Lammers told me today no recruiting, visits allowed but he is keen on his current/ returning players and incoming additions.
Let's pray the world is better come this Fall!
Team was confident and pumped to take the AHA Conference and go on to the NCAA Championships.
NU has a good coach who represents us proudly!
jhart
Purple Eagle

Re: NCAA NEW RULES POST EARLY SEASON CLOSE

Postby MICKEY » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:02 pm

I read all recruiting including campus visits is suspended until April 15.
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Postby efkay2u » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:06 pm

Well stated, sir. We are blessed to have Jason and GP on our side right now. I also had high hopes for the spring teams, especially Baseball and SOftball.

I feel bad for the Seniors on the Hockey Team that their dream to vie for the NCAA bid was unfulfilled, but they are all fine, intelligent and well grounded and will succeed in their private and family lives. I am sure if they wish they will continue their hockey careers either in North AMerica or EUrope.

Bought a book of New York Times SUnday Crosswords to help me through the absence of March Madness and early Baseball. There's always Law and Order on some channel on cable too !
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby MICKEY » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:02 am

Try BritBox, a lot of good British mysteries and comedy. Hey, is it too late in Lent to switch from giving up ice cream to giving up college basketball. And now we can’t even talk about recruiting...how about transfers, will kids be able to transfer for the next 30 days.
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Postby jhart » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:44 pm

NCAA has said there will be eligibility relief for spring sports and details will be announced soon.
Interested in how a senior playing next spring as a grad student affects number of scholarships.
Coaches may phone or communicate in writing with recruits during this window through April 15th.
jhart
Purple Eagle

Postby MICKEY » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:25 pm

I believe all spring sports have scholarship equivalents. For example, baseball has 11 (?) scholarships to be distributed between about 25 players. Each sport has a different number. Only basketball and football are full scholarships. So the NCAA could just up the number per sport by a few. I have to believe a lot of these kids will move on with their lives.
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Postby Eagle » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:35 pm

Frank, the hockey team started very strong, then seemed to collapse, only to regain strong momentum towards the end.
First, do you agree?
Second, any explanation?
Lammers seems like he is a very capable coach. Can he bring NU back to the NCAA's?
Eagle
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:02 pm

Bought a book of New York Times SUnday Crosswords to help me through the absence of March Madness and early Baseball. There's always Law and Order on some channel on cable too !

Totally sucks boys! I agree 1000% ~
le
Purple Eagle

Postby NewEnglander » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:12 pm

Here in Massachusetts they suspended Mass as well. At least they are able to do a live TV version to watch. You can replay each day's Mass anytime after the live version finishes. Of course it's not the same but we are encouraged to watch since we cannot attend.
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS