MAAC Recruiting & Transfers

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: MAAC Recruiting & Transfers

Postby jhart » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:53 pm

News today reported 60% of schools expect on campus Fall semester up from 30% just weeks ago.
More schools should make decisions shortly.
jhart
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:16 pm

Good news Jim !

News today reported 60% of schools expect on campus Fall semester up from 30% just weeks ago.
More schools should make decisions shortly.
le
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:34 am

Lunardi's latest (early) Bracketology. Siena a 15 seed vs Duke.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology

Also, a good article on Stags basketball back in the mid to late 1970's. I recall NU playing many of the same teams ....

College basketball in the Northeast in the mid- to late-1970s could arguably be called a 'golden age.' That season, Fairfield played against coaches Jim Valvano at Iona, Bill Raftery at Seton Hall, George Blaney at Holy Cross, Frank McGuire at South Carolina, Dom Perno at UConn, Don Donoher at Dayton and Dr. Tom Davis at Boston College. The year before, the Stags faced John Thompson at Georgetown, Lou Carnesecca at St. John's, Dave Gavitt at Providence and Mike Krzyzewski at Army.

And the players … Ronnie Perry at Holy Cross, Jeff Ruland at Iona, Ernie Cobb at BC, Greg Sanders at St. Bonaventure, Boo Williams at St. Joseph, Sly Williams at Rhode Island, Jim Paxson at Dayton, Nick Galis at Seton Hall, Gary Winton at Army, Derrick Jackson at Georgetown, Joe Hassett at Providence and Glen Williams at St. John's. Uconn, Umass etc...

"It was an amazing time," Balkun said. "I still have all my recruiting letters … the people and coaches that came to see you play. Jim Valvano came to my high school, just a great guy. It was the golden age of the 'big east' before the Big East (Conference). We played against Iona and Jimmy V, we played against Boston University with Rick Pitino, Seton Hall had Bill Raftery … you look at the coaches we went against and where they are now, it was great. That was an awesome year."

https://fairfieldstags.com/news/2020/6/ ... -team.aspx
le
Purple Eagle

Postby efkay2u » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:44 pm

Unfortunately I wouldn't put much credence on Lunadi's Bracket as he still had Buffalo as a 14 seed against Iowa. UB lost their play in game against Miami of Ohio.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby Suge » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:08 pm

Pauly Pailicap, of Manhattan, has entered the transfer pool. Grad transfer. Huge loss for both Manhattan and the MAAC.
Suge
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:01 pm

Pauly Pailicap, of Manhattan, has entered the transfer pool.

Agree, rough loss for the Jaspers and the MAAC. But if my memory serves me correct, MC had a big impressive freshman or soph who spelled PP at times.

Here he is ----Warren Williams:

https://gojaspers.com/sports/mens-baske ... liams/7127
le
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:30 am

I guess this goes under "other news".

The following four schools will upgraded to D1 this coming season, but will not be eligible for the NCAAs until 2025:

Bellarmine to ASUN

UCal San Diego to Big West

Tarleton St. (TX) to Big West

Dixie State (Utah) to WAC.
le
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:39 am

Not that I really give a lick, but has our former HC Pat B landed on the ground somewhere?
le
Purple Eagle

Previous

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS