MAAC Recruiting & Transfers

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: MAAC Recruiting & Transfers

Postby jhart » Sun May 10, 2020 8:03 pm

Waterman is an example of a one parent family where is youngest of five and the mother just doesn't understand the bad influence he is receiving from poor actors. Sad.
jhart
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Mon May 11, 2020 8:46 pm

“It’s OK, reinforcements are on their way”

Where are the reinforcements coming from ? Fort Apache, or a steam freighter from across the pond?
le
Purple Eagle

Postby MICKEY » Tue May 12, 2020 8:53 am

I would hope our reinforcements would come from the junior college ranks or one from a jc and the other a freshmen or transfer with three years of eligibility. Both for the front court. We have four scholarships to give next year and three would replace front court players
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Tue May 12, 2020 9:23 am

Of note, a QU signing and a new "QU BASKETBALL FORUM". The link is listed below.

Santa Monica College (CA) & former Belmont Shore 6-8 stretch PF Elias King has committed to Baker Dunleavy & Metro Atlantic member Quinnipac. King averaged 14.9 ppg & 6.6 rpg this past season as a SMC freshman. Will have 3 D1 yrs left.

QU FORUM:

https://quinnipiac-hoops.freeforums.net ... basketball
le
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Tue May 12, 2020 9:31 am

junior college ranks or one from a jc and the other a freshmen or transfer with three years of eligibility. Both for the front court

Agree, preferably a JUCO and transfer of sorts BOTH for the front court.
le
Purple Eagle

Postby ppittin » Tue May 12, 2020 10:21 am

I think we need to have patience with (and faith in) the coach. Unless I missed a hiring, we are still down two or three assistant coaches, so coach Paulus has a lot on his plate (recruiting plus replacing coaches plus this Covid thing). I think to recruit "the wrong guy is worse than recruiting no guy". Maybe we sit tight until next year. I believe he will find the right person and perhaps he will get help through the contacts he has in the coaching profession. I continue to hope that Coach K or Jimmy B. steer some young tweener ( big kid who will ride the pines at a major but do well at a mid-major) to NU and Coach P.
ppittin
Pigeon

Postby le » Tue May 12, 2020 6:47 pm

Pitten: I have faith in GP, but the clock is ticking for signing recruits for the fall semester. It would be beneficial to have another serviceable big man to compliment Greg K and Krat. Obviously last year , these two needed some serious help in the paint , even in the MAAC. Many of us do hope this glaring need is addressed.
le
Purple Eagle

Postby MICKEY » Tue May 12, 2020 8:06 pm

Zack Crisler, transfer from Rice commits to Fairfield. He is from Philly.
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Postby jhart » Tue May 12, 2020 9:06 pm

My guess is we go back to pre-leagues in late 70's this season and play teams within bus ride distance. That includes MAAC teams, CC, and Siena plus other upstate teams and out to Ohio, all reasonable by bus. OSU, X, Colgate, UA,SU, Cleve St, Dayton, UB, Bowling Green, Bonnies. There's 24 games if home and away.
The kids get to play ball and fan attendance? All premised on students being on campus.
We need to think outside the box under these circumstances.
jhart
Purple Eagle

Postby jhart » Tue May 12, 2020 9:21 pm

Add Cornell.
I just shared this with Simon by text.
jhart
Purple Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS