MAAC Recruiting & Transfers

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: MAAC Recruiting & Transfers / "Cluess Approach" ?

Postby le » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:58 am

RP keeps on "stocking his shelves" at Iona with his 3rd or 4th recruit. Are any other MAAC programs adding players besides Iona and Manhattan?

Suge, just curious, where do u find all of these MAAC signings ? Off various Twitter accounts ?
le
Purple Eagle

Postby Suge » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:44 pm

le wrote: Suge, just curious, where do u find all of these MAAC signings ? Off various Twitter accounts ?

Pretty much. Some times I get lucky. Some times I've got to dig, especially with NU. Daly Dose of Hoops twitter is a good follow. Link is in the header. Cover the MAAC pretty well. They cover the NYC teams, and Siena, more so than the other MAAC teams but it probably the best at covering MAAC teams. VerbalCommits is the other one. Twitter account is a little easier to get updates than their webpage.

Alex Scariolo----Manhattan. Has entered the portal. RS FR will have four years to play.

Monmouth got a F a week or two ago. I think I posted it. Other than that IC and MC have been the most active.

A name to watch is Howard Washington from Syracuse. He left Syracuse after a couple of forgettable years on the court. He's had some heath and injury concerns but he is a Buffalo kid. Haven't heard his name connected to any other school since he announced his transfer. Crazy how fast some of the offers roll in after a kid announces he'll transfer. If Washington is looking to come home, maybe NU or CC would take a look.
Suge
Purple Eagle

Postby Suge » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:32 pm

Pitino with another one. IC adds 7'1 F/C Osborn Shema from New Mexico Military Institute(JUCO). Played his HS ball at Glove Prep Christian Academy but is originally from Rwanda. Doesn't seem to have any other offers.
Suge
Purple Eagle

Postby Suge » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:12 pm

Didn't stop with Shema as IC picks up a commit from 6'9 PF Johan Crafoord from Glove Prep in Fl. Originally from Stockholm, Sweden. Didn't see any other offers.

Fairfield adds Jalen Leach from the Tilton School in NH. Leach is a 6'4 PG with what looks like a some decent offers.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/jalen-leach
Suge
Purple Eagle

Postby Suge » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 pm

Pitino didn't let the coronavirus stop him as he landed his sixth, and I believe final, commit from Nelly Junior Joseph of NBA Academy Africa in Senegal but is originally from Nigeria. He is a 6'9 PF. Didn't see any other offers.

Frederick Scott----Rider. Has entered the portal. Grad transfer.
Suge
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:44 am

Honestly, how can anybody infer the hiring of RP was not an impacful event ? He just signed six new players including some "bigs", in a period of about 2 weeks. This is the freakin MAAC, not the B10 or ACC. WOW ! Obviously, he still has connections and influence in terms of recruiting, and kids want to play for him !
le
Purple Eagle

Postby Suge » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:05 pm

Jack Cavanaugh----Marist. Has entered the portal. Sit one. Play three.

Dimencio Vaughn----Rider. Has entered the portal. Grad transfer.

Tough couple of days for Rider with the possible loss of Vaughn and Scott but they add Rodney Henderson Jr. He is a 6'5 SG that will transfer in from Cal St Northridge. I think he is a sit one, play two.
Suge
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:56 pm

WOW, Rider has been decimated by transfers and graduations. This was suppose to be their year in the MAAC Tourney. My uneducated guess would have been Siena-Rider Final in AC.
le
Purple Eagle

Re: MAAC Recruiting & Transfers

Postby Suge » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:08 pm

Majur Majak----SPC. Has entered the portal. Sit one. Play two. Was two years ago he signed as a four star recruit. Hasn't really lived up to hype.
Suge
Purple Eagle

Re: MAAC Recruiting & Transfers

Postby Suge » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:05 pm

Kevin Marfo transfers to Texas A&M.
Suge
Purple Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS