Noah Waterman to transfer (Detroit)

Discuss Niagara Sports
le
Purple Eagle

Re: Noah Waterman to transfer

Post by le »

Right , any freshman years ago would have laced up his sneakers in early January to get back on the court to impress the coaches . He came from a small Christian school in CNY and now he suddenly feels he's Big East talent ?

I totally understand TJ Cline transferring to the A10 since he DEMONSTRATED some skill and talent on the floor . Waterman was raw as the hamburg meat at the grocery store.

Misguided is an under statement IMO.
purpleeagle5
Hawk

Post by purpleeagle5 »

Obviously the kid is dreaming of bigger sugar plumbs in his head. He didn't show much on the court during his short time, nor did he make any real effort to return according to sources. I wish him the best.
pipes
Purple Eagle

Post by pipes »

Or maybe Noah came here in the fall.. lived through the gong show.. got hurt... and even though liking Greg.. wanted a fresh start.. Can you blame the kid?
Suge
Purple Eagle

Post by Suge »

msm, any comment from Paulus or out of Noah's camp? I didn't see one in the NFG this morning from either side. I'm guessing it wouldn't be more than the usual "we wish him the best" or "I love NU but it was time to move on" from either side. Just wondering.

As for his replacement. Planutis makes sense. Prior to Noahs departure, I wasn't keen on the idea of bringing in a veteran big unless the were far and away better than Kuak and Kratholm. I thought it would stunt the development of Noah and Traore. Now, you have to.
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Post by MICKEY »

msm29
Purple Eagle

Post by msm29 »

Suge wrote:msm, any comment from Paulus or out of Noah's camp? I didn't see one in the NFG this morning from either side. I'm guessing it wouldn't be more than the usual "we wish him the best" or "I love NU but it was time to move on" from either side. Just wondering.

As for his replacement. Planutis makes sense. Prior to Noahs departure, I wasn't keen on the idea of bringing in a veteran big unless the were far and away better than Kuak and Kratholm. I thought it would stunt the development of Noah and Traore. Now, you have to.
Nah, neither returned my request to chat.
Eagle
Purple Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Entering the transfer portal does not necessarily mean a kid will transfer.

He's a 19 year-old kid, sentiments can change fast!

I, too, explored transferring in the spring of my freshman year....didn't, and it was the best decision of my life!
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

from Canisius Board

Post by MICKEY »

Very interesting story;

https://www.voy.com/30982/47891.html
NU1971
Eagle

Post by NU1971 »

If that blurb is true, it's a victory for him if he's picked up by a top 20 team or a contending team in a top 6 conference, but what are the chances of that? Isn't it more likely with his thin resume that he'll end up on a team with a Sagarin ranking below 90 and more probably 120?
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Post by MICKEY »

Per Jon Rothstein, he is transferring to Detroit.