Catching up with Layden / NU to Big East with Frank

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: Catching up with Layden / NU to Big East with Frank

Postby MICKEY » Thu May 21, 2020 11:15 pm

Now now, calm down! The real answer is back in the 60’s and 70’s they, the university never asked. They never had a real development office. They built two dorms, a library and a science building in the sixties and never ran a campaign. They had a campaign in the mid 80’s for a few million dollars, than one around 2000 for about $20 million. They never ran a campaign for Dwyer that I know of beyond the lead gift from Connie and Bob Dwyer. They never ran a campaign to build the apartment complex, was there no one who would give them a mil to put their name on the complex or even $100k to name one of the buildings. In 2007 they launched the first campaign of consequence, an $80 million quest which they achieved. It’s likely had Covid-19 not hit we would be in the early stages of a larger one right now. But back then I don’t think they even tried.
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Fri May 22, 2020 9:22 am

I'm perplexed how a discussion of the possibility of Niagara being offered membership in the BE morphed into an assault on NU grads from the 60's and 70's. Don't get it.
le
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Fri May 22, 2020 10:08 am

Just a note to Anderson : The vast majority of members on this forum are decent respectful people who all contribute to NU in a variety of ways, just not mega donations. Please refrain from derogatory comments aimed at a large group of alums who have contributed to NU their entire adult lives. le
le
Purple Eagle

Postby jhart » Fri May 22, 2020 9:44 pm

We mourn the loss of Jerry Sloan, 78, Bulls defensive stalwart, and 4th in wins as coach in the NBA.
Jerry attended Layden's court naming at Gallagher as he highly regarded his Jazz President and GM in the 90's and into early '00's.
jhart
Purple Eagle

Previous

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS