Purple Eagle

Re: TODAY: Off the Ice with Jason Lammers --- 12:00 PM

Postby le » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:56 am

Just FYI: Today at Noon.
le
Purple Eagle

Re: TODAY: Off the Ice with Jason Lammers --- 12:00 PM

Postby le » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:42 pm

Good session/chat with Lammers. I'll post some comments later in the day .
le
Purple Eagle

Re: TODAY: Chat with Jason Lammers -- Recording is up

Postby le » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:01 pm

Dear Purple Eagle fans:

Thank you again for joining our session with Coach Jason Lammers this afternoon. It is exciting to see the purple spirit and energy around Niagara's hockey program.

To view the recording please follow the link below:
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/6dxXM ... _ZRmArUgE6

Password protected (copy/paste)
Password: 8s.$78$?

If you have any trouble, please let me know. I look forward to seeing many of you throughout the season! Lastly, you can follow men's hockey on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/NiagaraMHKY
le
Purple Eagle

Re: TODAY: Chat with Jason Lammers -- Recording is up

Postby le » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Takeaways: (please add)

* Lammers' goal is for the program to be nationally dominant.

* Veltri led all frosh goalies in the NCAA with the lowest SV %.

* 3.68 GPA.

* OOC Schedule: 2 games at Western Mich, North Dakota (Thanksgiving) and ND (Xmas).

* This years team will be bigger and faster.

*His goal is to have the least penalized team in the NCAA (discipline).

* Wants to be the best 3rd period team in the league (conditioning).

* AHA is moving towards a normal schedule. Also, alternate palns include season after TDay or Xmas.

* 80% of college recruits come from USA. USHL, NAHL. PREP etc... Only 4% from Ontario, the landscaped has changed in the last 20 years. He thinks USA juniors have surpassed the Canadians.

* He went over the 7-8 new freshmen. Not much detail but some good size and speed--main takeaways .

* Transfers will make an impact. Edmusdson (sp) from UMass Lowell is a Winnipeg Jet draft pick-- Big 6'3 ! Summner (sp) from Air Force: fast , creative, speed and size, scored 9 goals for AF. Denver goalie transfer may be eligible after fall semester.

* College hockey is growing especially in WNY. See growth with LIU, UAH, maybe Navy and Illinois soon. He's hoping Arizona State will move some PAC 10 teams into going D1 : USC etc... Two Alaska schools homeless along with UAH.

* AHA has improved considerably, but still has a stigma re recruiting.

* NU returns a lot of scoring depth especially with the Stendlund returning from injury.

* He thinks AIC, SHU and RIT should be the strong again next year.

* Based on analytics , NU is ranked in the top 5.
le
Purple Eagle

Re: Chat with Jason Lammers : Recording is up/ Takeaways

Postby jhart » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:43 pm

Two statements are meant to be combined: Regionally Dominant/ Nationally Prominent

Notre Dame games are January 1 and 2.

Already have two commits a year out.

Great positive energy and having assistants on the call is a first.

If you want to provide financial support, Inside Edge starts at $1K per annum.
More important than ever with the Covid shutdown and effects on school revenues and expenses.
I doubled up!
jhart
Purple Eagle

Postby NewEnglander » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:45 pm

* Wants to be the best 3rd period team in the league (conditioning).

If they can follow through with this it would be a major benefit that will carryover to meet many of the other goals listed. This alone could turn a half dozen losses into wins. Several games have been lost late and several more they couldn't quite make a comeback when trailing.
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:59 am

f
they can follow through with this it would be a major benefit that will carryover to meet many of the other goals listed. This alone could turn a half dozen losses into wins.

Yes, there were several games where we lost our "edge" in the 3rd period . As NE mentioned, this one aspect could turn a half dozen losses into W's.

Hart etc : I'm cautiously optimistic heading into the 20-21 season after listening to several of these presentations. Granted all coaches spin the positive in the preseason for obvious reasons, but several facts are hard to ignore. First, our goaltending is very solid with the return of Veltri and Willy along with the UD transfer after the fall semester. Secondly, I was very impressed with Lammers stating several times that NU will be "bigger and faster" compared to last season. We also return most of our firepower upfront and have several freshmen that will contribute ASAP. Stendlund our team MVP is healthy and one can't ignore the impact both of the transfers from UML and AF will make when they hit the ice in October. We lost Delmas on D, but Edmonson from UML a NHL draft pick will ease the loss of Noah. NU will most likely be in the hunt for the AHA title along with SHU, AIC and ROT.
le
Purple Eagle

Postby efkay2u » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:01 am

I may be caught up in the positive vibes, however I am really looking forward to this season (God Willing there will be a season). Goal tending seems to have an over abundance of talent. Stenlund and Billings should provide the offense we were lacking . I harken back to the New Years weekend series at Penn State where Niagara had the Lions on the ropes defensively and in the goal but were stymied offensively. all but for the lack of a couple goals, Niagara would have left Happy Valley with a couple of points and a load of respect.

A stronger 3 rd period effort will be great, however bear in mind in the last two seasons as the season entered the last weeks Niagara grew stronger and sfronger and out skated and played there opponents.

Just one more note, as Coach was talking about not wearing down in the late minutes of the game, I suddenly recalled how as strong the men's Basketball team would play in the final minutes of their games . How many games did the BB team win in the final ticks of the clock or in overtime.

The future is looking bright up on the Ridge.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Postby Eagle » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:36 am

Know the difference between "CHAMP and CHUMP?

" U "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU9NNvq_Y3c
Eagle
Purple Eagle

Next

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS