FORMER BISONS OFFSPRING COMMITS TO NIAGARA

Discuss Niagara Sports

FORMER BISONS OFFSPRING COMMITS TO NIAGARA

Postby efkay2u » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:32 am

Now for some nice news for Niagara Baseball , the son of a all time Buffalo Bisons great is coming to Niagara (Buff News)

• Eli Selby, a Mississippi high school senior who is the son of Buffalo Baseball Hall of Famer Bill Selby, has committed to play baseball next year at Niagara University. A 5-foot-9 catcher, Eli Selby plays at Magnolia Heights High School. Bill Selby played with the Bisons from 1998-2002 and is the franchise's modern-era leader in hits (378), doubles (90), runs (217) and RBIs (245). He's third in games played (370) and home runs (60). Bill Selby was the Herd's MVP in 1999 and was inducted into the Hall in 2007.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Re: FORMER BISONS OFFSPRING COMMITS TO NIAGARA

Postby Eagle » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:27 pm

Great!
Eagle
Purple Eagle

Postby phillyeagle » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Last week, I saw in the Buff News that a women’s basketball Player from the Syracuse area committed to NU as well as a baseball player from Canisius HS committing to NU.
phillyeagle
Purple Eagle

Postby Eagle » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:55 am

F-M’s Lexie Roe follows dad’s footsteps to D-I basketball, commits to Niagara
Updated Jul 17, 2020; Posted Jul 17, 2020

Lexie Roe was an All-CNY player for Fayetteville-Manlius last season. (Photo courtesy Gene Renner).

By Lindsay Kramer | lkramer@syracuse.com

Syracuse, N.Y. — "A range of emotions raced through Lexie Roe’s mind as she watched the seven other girls basketball players from the Class of 2021 off her I-90 Elite AAU team accept college scholarships.

“Obviously, I was really proud of all my friends,” she said. “But it was just stressful on my part to see them one-by-one go to schools, and then it was down to me...”

more: https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... CAk&uact=5
Eagle
Purple Eagle

Postby Eagle » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Amid pandemic, basketball recruiting trail becomes risk vs. reward decision
Jonah Bronstein Jul 21, 2020

"The hustle and bustle of grassroots basketball is dribbling along during the coronavirus pandemic. For college prospects and the coaches trying to project their futures, it is an unfamiliar recruiting trail to navigate.

“This is the first year in 32 years that I’m not out there in July,” University at Buffalo women’s basketball coach Felisha Legette-Jack said. “So it’s a very strange time for me.”

NCAA Division I and II coaches are prohibited from live scouting and making in-person contact with high school athletes until the end of August, continuing a quiet period that began at the onset of the pandemic and could continue into the fall...

Still, two I-90 Elite players in the class of 2021 committed to Niagara in the past week, Arayana Young from Dansville and Lexie Roe from Fayetteville-Manilus. Cardinal O’Hara junior Jade Rutledge disclosed a scholarship offer from the Purple Eagles, as well..."

https://buffalonews.com/sports/amid-pan ... 35c08.html
Eagle
Purple Eagle

Postby NU1971 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:14 pm

Lexie's Dad was a very good player for SU. I'd expect that he instilled a high level of competition in her and maybe even helped "a bit" with her jump shot. Always great to see regional players wearing the purple and white.

Sure wish the mens' team could better tap into the NYC/LI and greater Philly players. That may very well come to pass under the present staff.
NU1971
Eagle

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS