A precursor for the 2020-21 Hockey season?

Discuss Niagara Sports

A precursor for the 2020-21 Hockey season?

Postby NewEnglander » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:08 pm

Hockey East will be focusing on a conference based schedule so that is what may take place throughout the East. The western leagues are not bus based so they may handle it differently. So if Hockey East does go beyond conference games it is likely to be local games by bus. Should the ECAC do the same perhaps Niagara could get in some of those games if the current out of conference games don't take place.

https://www.bcinterruption.com/2020/7/2 ... -21-season
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Re: A precursor for the 2020-21 Hockey season?

Postby le » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:16 am

NE: The article is very vague in terms of Hockey East members playing non-conference games. Does this mean HE has cancelled all OOC opponents and will solely focus on league games where teams can be bused ?
le
Purple Eagle

Postby Millsy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:17 pm

le wrote:NE: The article is very vague in terms of Hockey East members playing non-conference games. Does this mean HE has cancelled all OOC opponents and will solely focus on league games where teams can be bused ?

That is the way I took it, no non-conference games. But I could be wrong.
Millsy
Eagle

Postby NewEnglander » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:36 pm

I take it as a full Hockey East schedule comes first then if there are still chances available it could go to non conference games. As for non conference they most certainly would be local if they occur, i.e. the Beanpot or games with Harvard for the Boston schools. I can't see them cancelling any conference games and allowing non conference ones. Should there be an NCAA tournament the PWR will have to be modified due to none or very few OOC games.
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS