Noah Waterman

Discuss Niagara Sports
ppittin
Pigeon

Noah Waterman

Post by ppittin »

I live close to where Waterman went to HS so I have been following him. I still cannot figure out why he left NU. To date, he has not played one minute for Detroit. He was getting lots of minutes at NU. Someone here suggested that he was getting poor advice. If that's true, I feel bad for him and I wish he would return to Niagara.
phillyeagle
Purple Eagle

Re: Noah Waterman

Post by phillyeagle »

I also look at the UD scores. Remember he was recruited by Beilien. I never understood why the kid was never recruited by higher level colleges with his size and athleticism.
I guess it was his Small town HS and probably did not play AAU ball. I also never understood why he sat the entire season when he seemed to be walking fine after a month. I think he made the decision to transfer during the season and sat out saving a year of eligibility.
You would think a transfer would closely examine his playing prospects but promises are not worth much in the cut throat world of college Bball. Most divorces are final!
jhart
Purple Eagle

Post by jhart »

Detroit Mercy has a very good team as displayed twice v MSU today and two weeks ago on TV.
Never saw Waterman.
phillyeagle
Purple Eagle

Post by phillyeagle »

Just read on aTitan message board that Waterman is still waiting for both his transfer waiver and clearance from a Covid contact tracing. Helps explains things.
phillyeagle
Purple Eagle

Post by phillyeagle »

Detroit lost another game, this time to Oakland 83-80. Waterman is finally playing and indeed starting and looks to have had a good night. He shot 7/11 and finished with 18 points. Glad that his transfer was not a bust for him personally.
Eagle
Purple Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Pat, I think I was the one that posted someone must have been whispering in his ear. Happens all the time, especially now with so many outside influences beyond the coach.
I don't wish him ill-will but feel he missed some important lessons in life to include loyalty, stick-to-activeness, and conviction.
ppittin
Pigeon

Post by ppittin »

[/quote]feel he missed some important lessons in life to include loyalty, stick-to-activeness, and conviction.[/quote]

EAGLE---I agree with you 100%. Thanks PhillyEagle for the follow-up.