TRANSFER PORTAL

Discuss Niagara Sports
NU1971
Eagle

TRANSFER PORTAL

Post by NU1971 »

Perusing the transfer list from the top....."big men" available and there are obviously many more. All or nearly all listed are east of the Mississippi. Should be one or two willing to come and start immediately.

Depaul, 6'11" from Missisaugua Canada, Nick Ongenda
Fordham 6' 11" Joel Soriano
Syracuse 6' 8" Woody Newton
Morgan St. 6' 8" Peter Sorber
College of Charleston 6' 8" Edwards
Syracuse 6' 10" John Bol Ajak

Iowa 6' 7" Michael Baer
Kent St. 6' 9" Kevin Bainbridge
Western Mich 6' 10" Chase Barrs
Del. St. 6' 8" Ameer Bennett
UNCW 6' 7" John Bowen
Wagner 6' 10" Justin Brown
Radford 6' 10" Jamal Burke
Penn St. 6' 8" Trent Buttrick
Ill. State 6' 8" Sy Chatman
Albany 6' 9" Jarvis Doles
Rutgers 6' 9" Mamadou Doucoure
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Re: TRANSFER PORTAL

Post by MICKEY »

Personally i’d love to see us pick up a decent sized transfer with three or four years of eligibility left. We could potentially have three senior bigs return for next year with one year of eligibility left. I don’t see us needing to rent a player for a year, we need to build for the future even if it means they have to sit for a year. Do you know what year some of these players are? With the returning seniors not counting toward the 13 scholarship limit I believe we have 4 open spots if all the underclassmen stay.
NU1971
Eagle

Post by NU1971 »

Mickey- The list I saw showed most of these guys were juniors or seniors. There are few underclassmen declaring that are big men. All of these guys are 2-3 star players. There are more 2s than 3s. Some transfers already have a school to go to. Albany State lost several players and several MAAC schools too.
I see your point about getting a younger player to be coached for 2-3 years vs. a one season guy. Still, landing a competent big who can contribute a few points and 7-9 boards at the MAAC level would be nice, even if only for one or two seasons. Might light a fire under the others.
Eagle
Purple Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Personally i’d love to see us pick up a decent sized transfer with three or four years of eligibility left.
We need "bigs"!
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

We have ALWAYS needed big men since JAM departed for HU.