Varsity Village now Justice Center

Discuss Niagara Sports
jhart
Purple Eagle

Varsity Village now Justice Center

Post by jhart »

Just received an email about a major transformation at Niagara.
I'm beyond words!
Eagle
Purple Eagle

Re: Varsity Village now Justice Center

Post by Eagle »

OK, what did it say....
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Post by NewEnglander »

Official release from the school..... https://news.niagara.edu/news/show/indi ... ng-retreat

Click on the link in the article to get the full picture of the progressive agenda in action.
sidebandit
Pigeon

Post by sidebandit »

This kind of stuff is why I do not donate to NU.

I'd be real curious to see the "library of books and movies provided by the faculty advisors and peer mentors."
Truthful
Purple Eagle

Post by Truthful »

NU should be ashamed of themselves for their constant pandering . First it was caving in to a liberal professor resulting in running off the sheriff's training program off campus , and now having a person of questionable character be a keynote speaker .

This from the Buff News :

In India Walton's 2014 arrest, conflicting claims of threats and bullying. Buffalo Democratic mayoral nominee India B. Walton was arrested seven years ago after she was accused, according to a police report, of threatening to break a co-worker's legs and saying, “I'm gonna take you out.”Aug 19, 2021

Here's more

https://www.wivb.com/india-walton-buffa ... open-book/
Bugsy1975
Hawk

Post by Bugsy1975 »

Maher needs to be removed !
anderson
Hawk

Post by anderson »

Well gentlemen I guess you missed the part about the St Vincent DePaul being a person that pioneered the social justice movement roughly 400 years ago. It is at the core of the Vincentian ideals and movement. For the poster who stated that is why I don't donate to NU, did you even understand the mission of the university at all ? Being a non catholic I was not very aware of the Vincentian tradition growing up, however I found the ideals of social justice helping the people on the margins of society to succeed a guiding principle for me. If that makes me a liberal so be it.

Just for disclosure I am not a fan of India Walton. I hope she loses in the general election. That being said a lot of her positions are things as graduates of NU should admire.
Eagle
Purple Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Again, what does all of this have to do with Varsity Village?

Why is everything so closeted at NU and why and do your posts so vague, Hart?

Maybe I'll check the Index; oh, that's right, NU doesn't have a collegiate paper! Who needs information or to be informed?
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

I just barfed all over my phone. Pandering …..NU delving into politics once again.
Truthful
Purple Eagle

Post by Truthful »

" Well gentlemen I guess you missed the part about the St Vincent DePaul being a person that pioneered the social justice movement roughly 400 years ago. It is at the core of the Vincentian ideals and movement. For the poster who stated that is why I don't donate to NU, did you even understand the mission of the university at all ? Being a non catholic I was not very aware of the Vincentian tradition growing up, however I found the ideals of social justice helping the people on the margins of society to succeed a guiding principle for me. If that makes me a liberal so be it."

Wow......talk about drinking the Vincentian Kool Aid . They are flawed just as we all are . Fr Harrington stepped down at St John's as the result of scandals . Fr Levesque didn't exactly embrace the vow of poverty as he drove around in an expensive BMW while being an active member of the Niagara Country Club . This isn't to suggest that they are bad persons , it's just that they shouldn't be put up on a pedestal .