Post by Truthful »

Tweet

Shane Relihan

@ACTshane
Huge congrats to Athlete Conditioning Training athlete
@casey_carreau
on doing his 5th year
@NiagaraMHKY
. Let's make sure we are ready to make a statement kid. So proud of everything you do. Next chapter kid! #ACT #hockey #hockeyplayers
le
Purple Eagle

Re: NU Hockey Lands 5th Yr Transfer from BC

Post by le »

Seems like a good get for Lammers by adding some scoring punch to his frontline. BC forward Casey Carreau had 6 goals and 6 assists (12 pts) for Boston College in 36 games this season.

Mr. New Englander, what do u think? You are BC guy ...

https://bceagles.com/sports/mens-ice-ho ... reau/14402
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Re: NU Hockey Lands 5th Yr Transfer from Boston College

Post by NewEnglander »

Kind of surprised to hear this. Casey would likely have gotten more playing time next year at BC. My guess is that they needed to make room for an incoming scholarship freshman. He has a better shot at getting playing time on probably the second line here. He was used by Jerry York to fill holes in the lineup even when they appeared on the first line due to penalties or injuries. A team player in taking on that role, he came back to BC after leaving early in his career. Wish him well and I assume he gets more ice time here. I think he will fit in well in Lammers system. Casey is an aggressive skater but like most Niagara skaters he is not a great finisher but will get his points from being in the right place more than powering it home.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

He was used by Jerry York to fill holes in the lineup even when they appeared on the first line ...
Casey is an aggressive skater but like most Niagara skaters he is not a great finisher ...
Thanks NE for the insight into Carreau. Although not a prolific scoter, he seems to be a consummate team play player with speed and some finishing skills. I would think he could be a 12 goal with his increased ice time at NU next season. Definitely a good get for Lammers.
phillyeagle
Purple Eagle

Post by phillyeagle »

I know I live in a prior universe of college sports, but I hate taking these one year transfers unless they are Really going to have an impact on the team.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

Philly : This kid was recruited at a very high level by probably the best coach in college hockey in Jerry York. He played in all 36 games for BC this year and chipped in 6 goals with 12 combined points. My uneducated guess is he's probably a "top 5 forward" on NU's current roster. NU had only five forwards with 6 or more goals last season. It's only one year, but NU is not recruiting many blue chip prospects that can contribute immediately on the ice. This program and especially Lammers needs to starting winning like right now.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

Former Alabama-Huntsville player Lucas Bahn (sophomore) has to transferred to Niagara.

https://www.therinklive.com/sports/coll ... sfer-board
le
Purple Eagle

Re: NU Hockey Lands BC & UAH transfers

Post by le »

A very informative article from seamoresports.com re the upcoming season for NU Hockey. NU added 3 transfers from BC, UML/UAH and a D2 school in Wisconsin. NU will face NCHC foes Nebraska Omaha and Miami (Ohio) on the road, playing two games against each team. They will face Colgate at home, and play St.Lawrence in a home and home series. Lammers is also pissed off about college hockey trying to dump all of the new D1 teams in the AHA. Good article !

Niagara Hockey: Building towards 2022-2023 Season and more

https://seamoresports.com/2022/04/28/ni ... -and-more/
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Re: NU lands three transfers/ Scheduling news

Post by NewEnglander »

Interesting in that gives Niagara 7 out of conference games instead of the usual 6. At least they get 2 home games this year. I wonder if the Nebraska-Omaha or Colgate games are part of an exempt tournament to give them the extra game.
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Re: NU lands three transfers/ Scheduling news

Post by NewEnglander »

Non-conference schedule is complete. Niagara hosts Colgate for 2 games not one giving them 8 out of conference games. Also, the exhibition game is late being on November 18 against the US NDPT. I assume they step right into the season on October 7 & 8 at Omaha without an exhibition game as Saturday October 1 is the first day of exhibitions I believe. It is posted on the purpleeagles.com website with all the OOC dates set already. https://purpleeagles.com/sports/mens-ic ... le/2022-23