" Next year, It is Nelson's Team"

Discuss Niagara Sports
le
Purple Eagle

" Next year, It is Nelson's Team"

Post by le »

MEN'S BASKETBALL: Next year, Niagara will be in Nelson's hands

Always a gifted passer, Nelson has improved his all-around game since his freshman year, and although he wasn’t one of the five point guards on the 15-member all-Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference’s team last year, Lewis predicted he’ll be recognized as one of the league’s best players next year.....more>>

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/g ... d=topstory
pipes
Purple Eagle

Re: " Next year, It is Nelson's Team"

Post by pipes »

Nice article.. Interesting to hear JAM say that Shaq may not be ready to go... Still would like a couple more guards added for next year.. And a JUCO forward.. Can't we believe?!
eagle80
Purple Eagle

Post by eagle80 »

I was under the impression Shaq was "ready to go" and would contribute next season. I suspect JAM will be forced to go with a biggerline-up next season with a center and a power forward. Yes, it would be nice if JAM through a scholarship at a juco power forward. We have enough at guard with Nelson, Moore, Duncan and Cooley. I would think he would have to be looking to sign a point guard though to replace Nelson at some point.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

Who is going to replace Nelson at PG? I would think JAM would have to bring in a freshmen this year to get his feet wet.
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Post by MICKEY »

I believe they have been scouring the JCs in search of a big man. I heard one of the assts. was out in Las Vagas at a recent tournament.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

NU is going to need some size next season because the upper half of the League is going to be "big". Fairfield, SPC, Siena, and Iona frontcourt's all will have decent size. I think the coaching staff understands this as they just experienced a very talented team which wore down due to lack of post men.