Niagara 6 - Bentley 0 : Final

Discuss Niagara Sports
le
Purple Eagle

Niagara 6 - Bentley 0 : Final

Post by le »

BU is 2-5 overall with an impressive 5-1 over Maine at home. Losses to OSU (2), Union and Lindenwood. BU 2-1 at home.
They seem to be allowing a ton of goals and shots on goal indicating their D and goaltending is suspect.
Of note, 1,600 in attendance at home for the Maine game.

Niagara Notes
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
••Niagara had a five game homestand that came to close on Friday night after facing Mercyhurst at home in the front half of a home and home series with the Lakers.

ALL-TIME VS BENTLEY
• Niagara and Bentley played their first game in the 2010-11 season in which the Purple Eagles won 4-1.
•The Purple Eagles won six of the first eight matchups with the only non-wins being ties. Bentley notched their win on Nov. 7 2014 in a 6-0 win at home.
•In the last 10 games, Niagara is 4-5-1 against Bentley

LAST SEASON AGAINST BENTLEY
• Last season Niagara and Bentley played twice in the regular season before playing in the first round of the Atlantic Hockey Playoffs.
•Niagara swept the Falcons in the regualr season by winning twice at home.
•In the playoffs Bentley came to Dwyer Arena and beat the Purple Eagles twice.
•Carter Randklev led the Purple Eagles against Bentley last season as he had three goals and two assists in four games. Ryan Naumovski also tallied five assists for the Purple Eagles. Shane Ott and Albin Nilsson also had four points for Niagara.
•Chad Veltri played in all four games for the Purple Eagles and had a 3.41 goals against average and a .892 save percentage.

https://purpleeagles.com/gameday/mens-i ... ockey/329/
le
Purple Eagle

Re: Niagara @ Bentley

Post by le »

NU is up 3-0 after the first period. Ryan Cox has 2 goals and Casey Carreau has the other. Veltri in goal pitching a shutout.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

NU still up 3-0 at the end of the period. Veltri has 19 saves for the night
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

Shane Ott scores for NU to make it 4-0. .. This team is better than last year’s version because of the improved offensive production and Veltri’s play between the pipes. Should be a good season for the Purps.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

Final NU 6-0 over BU. Pineo and Carlin scored in the 3rd period . Pineo had a 3 point nite with 2 assists as well. NU was 2-4 on the PP which never happened in previous years. Veltri with a shutout. .. This team has legs .
jhart
Purple Eagle

Post by jhart »

Is this a typo?
NU 6-0
I should tune in late more often!
phillyeagle
Purple Eagle

Post by phillyeagle »

Did I just see NU won 6-0 or did I have too many cocktails at dinner?
When was the last time NU scored 6 goals in a game?
Nice to see a winner!
le
Purple Eagle

Re: Niagara 6 - Bentley 0 Final

Post by le »

NU Hockey is the real deal this season. A hiccup at home against AIC but they are playing solid hockey to date .
jhart
Purple Eagle

Re: Niagara 6 - Bentley 0 Final

Post by jhart »

Need to back it up and sweep BU on their ice Saturday.
My friend's son left Harvard to run BU endowment.
Need the bragging rights!
le
Purple Eagle

Re: Niagara 6 - Bentley 0 : Final

Post by le »

Bentley is an excellent school especially their business programs. I remember senior year in HS visiting the campus for a weekend back in the day when Bentley was a small college . Ditto Merrimack and Stonehill. A ton of kids from my HS went to these schools including Assumption , Saint Mikes and Saint Anselm’s as well.

Niagara Notes

Veltri notched his fifth career shutout which is now the most among active Atlantic Hockey goalies. His 34 saves tonight is the most he has made this season. It is his most since he made 38 saves against Bentley on Feb. 4 against Bentley. It is also his most saves in a shutout in his career.
11 different Purple Eagles had points while both Cox and Pineo had three points each.
The last time Niagara won by six goals was in a 6-0 shutout of Holy Cross on Jan. 20, 2018 which was the first year Head Coach Jason Lammers was at the helm.
The Purple Eagles blocked 11 shots, four which were by Carlin.
With the road win and a road loss by Michigan, Niagara and Penn State are the only two teams in the country to be undefeated on the road in more than two games.

https://purpleeagles.com/news/2022/11/4 ... birds.aspx