AHA Hockey Flow TV

Discuss Niagara Sports
Truthful
Purple Eagle

TV in Atlantic Hockey

Post by Truthful »

Great to come away with a win given the penalties . Being 5-0 on the road is pretty darn impressive !!!.
le
Purple Eagle

Re: NU Sweeps Bentley

Post by le »

NE or others ? What is your take on NU’s sudden success story ?
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Post by NewEnglander »

The team has much more depth than the teams over the past several years. They have 3 lines which can score compared to at most 2 and probably just one reliable line before. That being the case they control the puck more of the time now. I wouldn't read too much into the sweep of Bentley as Bentley has perhaps their weakest team in years. RIT has upped their game with a road sweep of AIC so it could come down to a fight for 3rd or 4th if Niagara continues to play well. They actually played like a 4th place team at the end of the previous two seasons after terrible starts so hopefully they stay the course or improve as this year goes on. They will have to handle teams like Holy Cross and Air Force to get that coveted home ice spot.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

Thanks for the input NE... I agree, this season their scoring has improved with three lines contributing offensively which is a contrast to previous seasons. Also, our special teams performance has significantly improved both on the PP and P kill. Veltri has also provided more consistency between the pipes as well.

AHA RELEASE : WINTHROP, MASS.—On Monday, Atlantic Hockey announced their weekly awards, after a six point weekend from Niagara Hockey, Noah Carlin and Chad Veltri were named Defensemen of the Week and Goalie of the Week.

Carlin was a vital member of the Niagara defense core that allowed just two goals this weekend in the teams first road Atlantic Hockey sweep since the 2017-18 season. The native of Marine City, MI scored his first career goal on Friday to seal the opening game of the weekend for the Purple Eagles. On Saturday, he notched his fourth assist of the season on the game winning goal on the power play. He also spearheaded the Niagara penalty kill that was 11-11 on the weekend. He blocked a team high nine shots in the two games and leads the conference with 31 blocks this season.

Veltri was rock solid this weekend for the Purple Eagles this weekend. The Pittsburgh, Pa. native made 34 saves on Friday night which included four saves on the penalty kill. With the shutout he became the Atlantic Hockey active leader in shutouts with five career shutouts. Following his Friday performance, he made 32 saves with 13 of the saves coming on the penalty kill on Saturday. This is the second time this season he has been named AHA Goalie of the Week. He currently has a .914 save percentage and a 2.70 goals against average. His save percentage is tied for the AHA lead and his goals against average is tied for third

https://purpleeagles.com/news/2022/11/7 ... onors.aspx
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

My beef, I'm only saying it once this season. Both the ECAC and Hockey East are broadcasting all of their league games on ESPN+ which offers the most market exposure for college hockey other than a local sports net such as NESN, MASN, YES, or one of the Bally Sports nets. Hey AHA smell the burnt coffee, "when in Rome act as a Roman." I know Jim, it's all about funding.