MBB AT BUCKNELL SATURDAY NOV 12 AT 4PM

Discuss Niagara Sports
le
Purple Eagle

Re: MBB AT BUCKNELL SATURDAY NOV 12 AT 4PM

Post by le »

Bucknell owned the glass and shot 50% from the floor. It’s early , but it could be a long season.
phillyeagle
Purple Eagle

Post by phillyeagle »

Only watched the first half. Very disappointed. Many open looks that were missed even then. If you can’t compete underneath, you better be able to shoot.
Truthful
Purple Eagle

Post by Truthful »

There weren't a lot of positives to sugar coat the loss . Poor shooting along with being undersized is a recipe for a long season .
NU1971
Purple Eagle

Post by NU1971 »

Truthful seems to be sounding a mantra from the last few seasons.....poor shooting, no inside game. That combo sounds like a girls' JV team and won't work in DI. If we're gonna lose big time anyway, put the big men into play for the experience for next season. They won't get better on the bench. Better to get minutes "in the heat of battle".
Bugsy1975
Hawk

Post by Bugsy1975 »

They are awful, very difficult to watch. The bigs are projects, no bench, poor shooting, no go to guy. Very hard to bring 11 new guys in and build a team. GP and his staff have a lot of work to do.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

...and no local sports coverage from the Gazette and Buff News.
hammer
Purple Eagle

Post by hammer »

I still check in every now and again but have lost a ton of interest in NU. Years past (this includes the Casey years) I was tuned into all the games via radio or streaming. Now I won’t pay a dime to watch, it seems I made the right choice.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

Hammer: It seems as if most mediocre MAAC programs suffer the same malaise as you described. Unless there is a pattern of consistent success such as Iona, or a magical run in the Dance (SPU), most fan bases are not very motivated in the league. Siena does well due to their successful "capture of the market" over the years. Hopefully, GP can build some chemistry with this group over time.
Truthful
Purple Eagle

Post by Truthful »

GP does have a lot pieces , hopefully he can find that right combination . I agree with NU 71 , in what is definitely a rebuild year with so many new players , I'd like to see the two big men get 20 minutes each . Their lack of size has been on full display the first two games .
NewEnglander
Purple Eagle

Post by NewEnglander »

Bucknell is headed to St Peters Tuesday night (15th). Let's see how well a newly revised SPU plays against them. If SPU can keep it much closer than the 68-50 NU score then there will be reason to be concerned.