MAAC/ASUN Challenge: NU over Cen. Arky

Discuss Niagara Sports
le
Purple Eagle

MAAC/ASUN Challenge: NU over Cen. Arky

Post by le »

Why is Rider getting both games on ESPNU? Cmon man...

MAAC.com : The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), ASUN, and Inspirus Sports Management today announced that three games for the upcoming 2022 MAAC/ASUN Dublin Basketball Challenge will be nationally televised on ESPNU.

Two men’s contests and one women’s game were elevated to ESPNU during the event. The games include Stetson versus Rider men at 5 a.m. and Eastern Kentucky against Marist women at 7:30 a.m. on Friday, November 18. On Saturday, November 19, Rider and Central Arkansas men will air on ESPNU at 6 a.m. All other games during the challenge will air live on ESPN Networks.

Below is the full schedule with all matchups, tip times, and ESPN Networks.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18:

10:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m. EST Men Stetson vs. Rider
ESPNU
4:00 p.m. GMT 11:00 a.m. EST Men Central Arkansas vs. Niagara
ESPN+ or ESPN3

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19:

11:00 a.m. GMT 6:00 a.m. EST Men Rider vs. Central Arkansas
ESPNU

5:00 p.m. GMT 12:00 p.m. EST Men Niagara vs. Stetson
ESPN+

All information regarding the 2022 MAAC/ASUN Dublin Basketball Challenge can be found on maacsports.com.
arkansasdude
Hawk

Re: NU @ MAAC/ASUN Dublin Basketball Challenge on ESPNU & ESPN+

Post by arkansasdude »

The game I never thought I'd see - my alma mater vs my employer for the past 23 years! Purple Eagles vs Bears... in the motherland no less (I'm Irish as well) - should be epic!!!
le
Purple Eagle

Re: NU @ MAAC/ASUN Dublin Basketball Challenge on ESPNU & ESPN+

Post by le »

Good luck Arky Due. You drinking purple beer this morning and Bloody Mary's at lunch ?

Game Notes:

Central Arky 2-1 comes into this contest with a 20 point loss to Wichita State and a W over Arky-Little Rock...Rider went down to Stetson in the first game in Dublin today. Vegas has NU at-3.5 pts.

11:00 AM -Central Arkansas vs Niagara -ESPN 3

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... ven-model/

https://purpleeagles.com/gameday/mens-b ... bball/336/
le
Purple Eagle

Re: MAAC/ASUN Challenge: 11:00 AM Central Arkansas vs Niagara--ESPN 3

Post by le »

NU is up 33-26 at the half. Thomason on fire with 17 pts, Bayless has 7. Central Arky shooting a miserable 28% from the floor while NU is shooting above 50% . so far so good . Our favorite big man H. Obioha has 2 pts and 3 boards...NU is winning the battle of boards as well.
phillyeagle
Purple Eagle

Re: MAAC/ASUN Challenge: NU up by 7 at the half over Cen. Arky

Post by phillyeagle »

Can not get the ESPN+ to work.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

It’s on espn 3. Just select your provider. Go to espn 3 site
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

Final

I thought NU looked pretty good in the second half . It seems as Thomason goes , so does NU. He was literally on fire driving the lane etc. Thom played like a played like a First Team ALL-MAAC performer... I was impressed with Gray, Mitchell and Moore in the front court; decent D with some athleticism. I’m not sure if Ilorio was hurt late... Bayless looked solid playing the point and or off guard. NU had more energy diving for loose balls combined with smothering D etc. According to one of the announcers, C. Arky will go to the postseason. NU played hard.
Truthful
Purple Eagle

Re: MAAC/ASUN Challenge: NU over Cen. Arky

Post by Truthful »

I realize Central Arkansas is not a great program , but it was encouraging to see NU play much better than they did against Bucknell . Every time Central Arkansas made a run , NU was able to hold them off . Great job by Thomasson , and a nice team effort win .
Vinkman
Duck

Post by Vinkman »

le wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:01 pm According to one of the announcers, C. Arky will go to the postseason.
I think he was talking about Stetson.
jhart
Purple Eagle

Re: MAAC/ASUN Challenge: NU over Cen. Arky

Post by jhart »

Let's be positive in the Thanksgiving season; he must have been talking about our purple eagles.
Figured out there are two volume places that must be right to actually get volume on ESPN.
Dave will be proud of this old guy!