I HAVE GOT TO ASK

Non-athletic Niagara discussion

I HAVE GOT TO ASK

Postby 5-hole » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:30 pm

At the risk of further alienating some board members - at least one has previously expressed his disdain for me (I guess because of my political views and/or because I am from the South) - I have to ask a question. I'll get there in a minute but first my reason for asking. As I read through these articles ...
1) http://www.ncregister.com/site/article/ ... e-new-roe/
2) http://www.ncregister.com/site/article/ ... ludes-god/
... I wondered to myself if there is something (even some little thing, anything) that I could do. Well, I do have access to at least some New York State residents who are Catholic and should be absolutely appalled at what is going on in the state. Okay, maybe some can live with the new gay marriage laws of the state - but now this from Cuomo?

So my question: Did any Catholic who voted for Cuomo see these assaults on the Catholic Church coming? And from a guy who calls himself Catholic? Niagarans - If you voted for him, do you regret your vote? Or do you still support him despite what he is doing to the Church - our Church ...??

I am hoping by pointing to these articles that I can at least make more NY State residents aware of the implications of Cuomo's actions.

What should Catholics be doing now to defeat Gov. Cuomo’s abortion expansion in New York?

First, we must educate our own people.
... Bishop Murphy
New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God
REAL MEN WEAR PURPLE
I'm your huckleberry
5-hole
Purple Eagle

Re: I HAVE GOT TO ASK

Postby coyote » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:16 pm

5 hole

Good post. While I seldom post, I do enjoy the dialogue by everyone and their passion for Niagara. I used to live in Dunwoody and now Chicago....

1.Continue to pray!
2. These are the same Catholics who voted for his father and for Hillary.
3. Who said "How lucky for rulers that men do not think?" And think about his accomplishments.

We abdicated after Vatican II and stopped teaching and educating...we are making strides, but have a long way to go.
coyote
Baby Bird

Postby 5-hole » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks Coyote ... you should post more often!

I agree with your comments:
1. yes ... it may be our only chance!
2. unfortunately. I guess these are "dyed-in-the-wool" libs who place political tradition ahead of church teachings and values.
3. And that would be (the original) Adolf but it is certainly applicable to our modern day version.

I hope we are making strides but I am not so sure on that point. Sigh.
New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God
REAL MEN WEAR PURPLE
I'm your huckleberry
5-hole
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Agree, "Cadillac Catholics" turn my stomach without naming the obvious run of mill hypocrites.
le
Purple Eagle

Return to Community News