It did not take long ...

Non-athletic Niagara discussion

It did not take long ...

Postby 5-hole » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:25 pm

NY State bill to require liability insurance as condition of gun ownership
http://www.examiner.com/article/ny-stat ... -ownership

...for politicians to use (as predicted by conservatives) the natural extension of Obamacare to try (hopefully not succeed, but it is NYS so I expect this will become law) to force American citizens to buy a product (first healthcare insurance, now liability insurance ... after all those taxes, doubtful anyone has enough money left to afford this, anyway) that they do not want to buy. We have a Constitutional right to bear arms that is not to be infringed yet forcing the citizenry to purchase liability insurance in order to exert that Constitutional right absolutely infringes our Second Amendment rights.

I just could never again live in such a state as New York (or MA or CT or MI or IL - any of those solid blue states, actually). :cry: :x
New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God
REAL MEN WEAR PURPLE
I'm your huckleberry
5-hole
Purple Eagle

Re: It did not take long ...

Postby lejr » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 pm

God, that is truly ridiculous. I wonder what that will do to the availability of guns in places like Dicks or Walmart.

Trying to apply logic to government is futile.

I don't know much about the situation, but I'm assuming this is leveraged by the Sandy Hook stuff, which is actually sad because whoever is making money off this (because someone always is) is preying off the situation.

Suddenly, after such an event, the government is enlightened and becomes aware of specific types of guns and their attributes, and we must regulate and ban them because they are unsafe. The magazine size restriction is completely stupid. Just carry 2 magazines... Just wait for them to ban that.

All it does is put the more powerful weapons in the hands of law enforcement, but that's OK. When has a cop ever misused their authority right?
lejr
Site Admin

Postby 5-hole » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Subsequent to posting this, I did hear that some WNY counties (I think it specifically mentioned some pols from Erie and Niagara Counties) were at least fighting back on this issue and opposing the proposed legislation.

Y'know, I sure would love to see Gov Cuomo, Mayor Bloomberg and Sen Chucke E Schumer announce that the area around each of them individually is a "gun-free zone" and that they would no longer accept protection from any armed police or bodyguards. Someone please let me know when that happens - or when hell freezes over, whichever happens first.
New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God
REAL MEN WEAR PURPLE
I'm your huckleberry
5-hole
Purple Eagle

Postby Carter » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:09 am

:D :D :D
Carter
Egg

Return to Community News