NU Hockey Coach--College Hockey News says ...

Discuss Niagara Sports
le
Purple Eagle

Re: NU Hockey Coach----Search and Hiring

Post by le »

Just me, Moreau has never been a HC at any level and was part of "failed" program at NU including sub-standard recruiting during his short tenure. Do the math.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Post by efkay2u »

le, if this is true, one of the only bright spots in this past season was the play and development of the Freshman class , while they stayed healthy. Hopefully Moreau had a role in their development .Reviewing the roster Kris Spriggs, Caleb Boman, Derek Brown, Tyler Tomberlin Nicholas Carrier et al outplayed many of the upper classmen while healthy. One hopes that moreau may have had some inpout in recruting, if not hopedully with their skills and development. We'll see.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

Efkay: I was looking at the three year history of poor performance combined with mediocre recruiting which led to this program to sink to the absolute bottom of the college hockey. You're right, the freshmen class did show some promise and maybe Moreau was part of recruiting and development of the frosh. I dunno, I'm just looking at the overall math with BM and Lammers.
Suge
Purple Eagle

Post by Suge »

The hockey program had now been without a HC for over a month. Who's out recruiting for NU? Are assistants allowed to offer scholarships without a HC signing off? More importantly, what is the hold up? Through it all, NU has remained silent since they announced Burky would not return. Sorry, they've issued a couple of "no comments". The rumor mill had the finalists separately meeting with members of the team as late as Monday with a decision coming as soon as yesterday. How much more homework do you need to do that you haven't already done in the past month?
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

Millsy: With Northern Mich hiring Poultny is NU now the last postition to be filled?,
MICKEY
Purple Eagle

Post by MICKEY »

Now that baseball has started I'm a little out of it but isn't the Michigan job still open and has Canisius named a permanent replacement for Smith?
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

I think the Michigan job is still open which is a HUGE hire but beyond that I think the NU job is the only vacancy. My guess is CC will eventually name the interim coach as head coach.
le
Purple Eagle

Post by le »

Forgot to mention, Worchester and Bport have been selected for the opening round sites for next year's regionals in the North and East.
Millsy
Eagle

Post by Millsy »

le wrote:I think the Michigan job is still open which is a HUGE hire but beyond that I think the NU job is the only vacancy. My guess is CC will eventually name the interim coach as head coach.
Denver could be opening up as it sounds like Jim Montgomery is in the running for the Florida Panthers' NHL gig.
efkay2u
Purple Eagle

Post by efkay2u »

Maybe Niagara has holding out, hoping that Sabres' coach Dan Bylsma would be available. Well, he is now!! :D