Tah'Jae Hill Commits!! / Gazette article with Demond Stewart

Discuss Niagara Sports

Re: Tah'Jae Hill Commits!!

Postby ppittin » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:53 pm

It's great to see NU sign a player from Rochester. NU gets no media coverage in the Rochester area unless there is a local prospect on the team. Several players from Rochester have been big stars at NU---Al Butler back in the early 60's , Joe Arlukas (SP??), Reaves are the ones that come to mind. I'm sure others on the board can list list a few more.
ppittin
Pigeon

Postby NUEagle » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:07 pm

Great get for the Purps who can step right into the starting lineup next season!
NUEagle
Eagle

Postby le » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:14 pm

From Suge:
Tahj Hill commits

Plays at Hilton Hill in the Rochester, NY area. Kid can score. Very similar, almost clonish, to Solomon build wise.

https://twitter.com/iamtahjaehill
le
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:15 pm

During my time at NU , I think Jeff Holsceuth and Don Drum were from Rochester. Demond Stewart also comes to mind.
le
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:50 pm

Impressive signing !!!!!

Gazette: Hill is listed between 6-foot-1 and 6-4 and is averaging 30.7 points per game for the Cadets, including a 49-point outburst in December. He had offers from UB, St. Bonaventure and Siena, and more recently, Cleveland State and Bryant. He also held a Division I football scholarship offer from New Hampshire.
le
Purple Eagle

Postby Drew2981 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:22 pm

I have seen this kid play and this is a great signing. Great job to the coaches. He is going to contribute from day. Looking forward to seeing him in Niagara purple.
Drew2981
Hawk

Postby pipes » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:08 pm

From last February...

Tah’jae Hill 6-foot-1, Jr. G Hilton Cadets (Monroe County Division I) – Puts pressure on opposing defenses through a variety of means, foot speed and quickness set up his pull-up jumper that consistently keeps defenders on their heels, but his ability to blow by perplexes defenses which look to double team Hill, he has seamlessly infused a back-to-the-basket game, deft passer who reads well in pick-and-roll situations, maintains a repetitive motion with his shot, has to be defended beyond the 3-point arc; defends in the post and defends on the perimeter, can contain opposing ball handler and mark opponent’s best perimeter scorer; tireless rebounder who resists first contact made in box-out situations; averaging 31.7 points has scored 1,383 career points; has Division I offers from Bryant, Buffalo, Niagara and St. Bonaventure.

https://pickinsplinters.com/2019/02/19/ ... ting-five/
pipes
Purple Eagle

Postby le » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:02 am

So at 6'1 he really can't play the "3", maybe he grew a few inches to 6'4 ?
le
Purple Eagle

Postby Eagle » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:37 pm

Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
Jan. 6, 2020

The Niagara Purple Eagles have emerged as the winners of the Tah'Jae Hill sweepstakes.

The senior guard from Hilton announced his verbal commitment to the university on his Twitter page on Sunday.

In the statement on his page, Hill said: "First off I would like to thank everyone who believed in me and didn't give up on me. From being a regular kid out of Rochester that is slowly losing its ground and having a special talent that I was blessed with, I never thought this day would come. I stayed true to who I am, stay trued to my craft and most importantly stay trued to the man above."

Hill is a two-time All-Greater Rochester selection and was voted Monroe County Division I Player of the Year in 2019 after averaging 31 points for the Cadets. His coach Troy Prince couldn't be happier that the program's all-time leading scorer has found a home...

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/st ... 824610001/
Eagle
Purple Eagle

Next

Return to NIAGARA SPORTS